This document outlines information prior to performer acceptance and confirmation.
Version Date: 10/23/2019
All applicants will considered by the Casting Department using on the following criteria:
- Variety of Talent
- Plant City Resident
- First Come First Served
- Availability of Performer
Performers chosen will be contacted via email to confirm acceptance of placement. Upon acceptance, further instructions will be provided to each performer with regards to scheduling. All questions and/or concerns prior to acceptance can be communicated via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies & Evaluations
The Florida Strawberry Festival® is a family friendly event. Your performance & attire must be family friendly. In order to produce a quality, family-oriented experience, and to determine future eligibility to perform, all performances are evaluated. It is the responsibility of the group/performer director to inform all performers of the impact these evaluations have on future participation at the Florida Strawberry Festival®.
All evaluations are based on the following criteria:
- Performer/Group adherence to schedule
- Attitude and professionalism of performers, directors and parents
- Adherence to rules & regulations
- Overall performance
What we provide
- Professional Sound System
- Professional Sound Engineer
- Wired Microphones and Stands
- Stage Power
- Chairs & Choral Risers
- One Dressing Room
Entertainment Management has the right to monitor sound levels and make adjustments at its sole discretion. Please assign a member of your group to start/stop music. We accept the following devices for audio playback.
- Compact Disks
- Smartphones (Must be placed on airplane mode)
- iPods/MP3 players
Please bring any special adapters your device requires.
All shows must adhere to the following parameters:
- Show Directors must check in with the Stage Manager 20 minutes before showtime at the backstage entrance gate.
- 15 minutes to setup- Only performers and chaperones will be granted backstage access by Entertainment Tent Management; show directors will be granted access to the sound engineer.
- 30 minutes to perform- Your show will start at the time listed on your confirmation paperwork.
- 15 minutes to break down & exit- Any items left onstage or backstage will be taken to lost and found. The Florida Strawberry Festival® is not responsible for the theft, damage to, or loss of any personal belongs while on the festival grounds.
offloading & Parking
You may offload any props/equipment at Gate 8A on the day of your performance. Once you have offloaded your equipment, you must return your vehicle to a parking lot. The Florida Strawberry Festival® does not provide designated parking for performers. Parking located around the Entertainment Tent may cost from $5 to $20 dollars. The Florida Strawberry Festival® is not responsible for theft, damage to, or loss of vehicles.
Applications will be accepted until December 1, 2019 at 5 p.m. The schedule of events is set by December 10, 2019. This application does not guarantee a show time. We do not grant more than one show per performer. Groups larger than 30 persons may be granted multiple show times on a case by case basis. Groups larger than 30 persons will not be granted back-to-back show times. All performers, chaperones, and directors must adhere to the rules and regulations for the 2020 Florida Strawberry Festival® Entertainment Tent. Furthermore, the Florida Strawberry Festival® is not responsible for the theft, damage to, or loss of any personal belongs while on the festival grounds.